The Only 5 Things You Need for a Newborn
We all know babies require a ton of stuff… it’s the whole reason weeSpring exists. And as any first time parent can tell you, most of that stuff is a total mystery… so we were thrilled to join ABC News’ Lana Zak for a segment on the whole-wide-world of baby gear, helping her navigate the must-haves and the don’t-bothers.
The best news, though, for expecting parents: while that registry building process may feel totally daunting, you’ll do just fine when you get home from the hospital with your baby if just just have five essentials on hand.
1) You need a car seat to get the baby home from the hospital.
2) Baby needs something to wear… we prefer things that you can snap on. (It’s pretty scary to pull a onesie over a tiny newborn head.)
3) And baby is going to poop. A lot. Parents love these diapers because they have an indicator line to tell you when it’s time for a change.
4) Don’t forget sleep! (The lack thereof is a big part of your foreseeable future.) A co-sleeper or bassinet will make it easy to keep baby in your own bedroom.
5) Lastly, the mom’s Swiss Army Knife: a huge swaddle blanket. In addition to the obvious uses, it also makes a great impromptu nursing cover, burp cloth, or stroller shade.
Agree with our picks? Let us know if you don’t! Build your own list of #5Things on weeSpring, with a Newborn Necessities weeList.