Guest Blog: Top 10 Green Baby Products to Add to Your Registry
From diapers to toys, bottles to bedding, many expectant parents are filling up their registries with products that are good for baby and the environment. Karina Fedasz, CEO and co-founder of Little Bean Sprout, an environmentally sustainable online children’s apparel boutique, shares her must-add green baby products:
1. gDiapers: What could be better than eco-friendly diapering with options? With gDiapers, you can choose flushable/compostable inserts or cloth diapering inserts. gDiapers is also a B-Certified Corporation so you know you can put trust in their products from an overall planet, people, and profits perspective. If just cloth diapering is your thing, a notable second is bumGenius.
2. Green Toys Stacking Cups: Bath time doesn’t get any more fun than with Green Toys stacking cups. This great first-stacking-cups set allows for scooping and pouring of water and building towers when turned upside down. They’re made in the USA from recycled plastic milk containers, and do not contain any BPA, PVC, phthalates, or external coatings.
3. PlanToys Roller: This bright and colorful wooden rolling toy is a great way to develop vision and sensory skills. PlanToys makes their toys from organic rubberwood, e-zero glue, water based dyes, recycled and recyclable materials, soy and water-based ink. They also work to recapture wood particles from the manufacture of their toys and use the wood to create a high-density fiber composite for use in further toys. Zero waste.
4. Cotton Monkey Organic Fitted Crib Sheets: Wonderfully soft and 100% certified organic cotton, these sheets are perfect for baby’s precious and sensitive skin. They come in a variety of styles and colors. Dyed and printed with non-toxic, fiber reactive, water based pigments and dyes.
5. aden + anais Organic Muslin Blankets: Swaddling blankets are a key registry item and what better way to swaddle than to have GOTS certified all organic muslin swaddling blankets? These 100% organic muslin blankets are breathable thereby reducing the risk of overheating, generously sized, and versatile for the many uses. Any three-pack style variation will be a great addition to your registry.
6. ERGOBaby Organic Carrier: The ERGO can be worn on the front, back or hip and easily shifted from one to the other. It’s made of 100% organic cotton without the use of harsh chemicals. The design supports a correct sitting position for the baby’s hip, pelvis and spine growth.
7. Purebaby Onesie or Rompers: Established in 2002, Purebaby is a SKAL certified organic cotton, fashionable, affordable clothing line from Australia. Purebaby’s baby clothing is beautiful without compromising on social responsibility. You will love the fabric and styles for your little one. Coming to Little Bean Sprout within the month!
8. Kid Kanteen Baby Bottles: A number of adults have chosen to do away with the plastic bottle by opting to use reusable stainless steel, but what about baby? The folks at Klean Kanteen – who have brought numerous stainless steel adult bottles to market – have created a dishwasher safe line called the Kid Kanteen. The 5oz and 9oz baby bottles are perfect for bottle feedings whether you’re breastfeeding and pumping for occasional times, or bottle feeding regularly. And the silicon nipples come in slow flow, medium flow and fast flow options. Plus, both the bottle and nipples are toxin free – no PBAs, phthalates, or lead.
9. Yummi Pouch: You might have seen the store bought disposable food pouches for babies and toddlers, but “disposable” is code word for unsustainable landfill waste. Yummi Pouch has created a fun, colorful way to conveniently take your own homemade purees on-the-go and enjoy the convenience of disposable through a reusable AND recyclable pouch. Dishwasher safe, freezer safe, BPA-free, phthalate free, these reusable pouches are a must on any registry!
10. American Baby Company Organic Hooded Towel Set: Don’t forget about bath time! American Baby Company hooded bath towels are made of 100% organic cotton terry. The sets include one 30”x30” hooded towel and one 10”x10” washcloth. There are a variety of color options available including pink and blue, and more neutral green and ecru.
Karina is the CEO and co-founder of Little Bean Sprout, an environmentally sustainable online children’s apparel boutique and new retail concept. She has 15+ years in tech, business development, finance, and venture-backed companies. She holds an MBA from Columbia Business School and a degree in Environmental Studies from UCLA. You can reach her at email@example.com.