Big Qs: What are the must-haves for a comfortable pregnancy?
One of the unexpected benefits of starting weeSpring: we’re almost always among the first to know when a friend is expecting. The order generally goes something like this: spouse, doctor, us.
Back at the start of the summer, we asked weeSpring users what they do for a carsick baby, and the response was amazing. (Keeping a beach pail in the backseat was one of our favorite responses, as was using dryer sheets to absorb the odor.)
So for the last month of summer, we’re going to roll out one Big Q a week, and in honor of all of our secretly expecting friends (you know who you are!), it’s…
What are the must-haves for a comfortable pregnancy?
Here are ours:
1. Vitafusion Prenatal Gummies: Delicious, have DHA, and don’t cause tummy-trouble. Only problem: just having two a day.
2. Wedge Bed Pillow: Only way to sleep with reflux! And a definite must if you (like us) find yourself on bedrest.
3. TKO Fitness Ball: Great for keeping your hips stretched out, but also makes a perfect seat as your get less and less comfortable further along in pregnancy. (Also perfect for sitting on to bounce a fussy newborn.)
4. Great skin cream: Pregnancy does a number on your skin (and not just your belly). We were always dry and itchy, and just discovered the awesomeness of mum+bub recently.
5. A icepack for headaches: We used an old-school icepack applied to the back of the neck to help manage pregnancy headaches, but as silly as this thing looks, it really works. (Ally swears by it for migraines.)
6. A microwavable heating pad: Nuke this for 3 minutes and it’ll stay warm for 30… plus, it’s moist heat, which is the best for a sore back.
7. BellaBands: Melissa went straight to pants with a built-in band, but Ally’s reaction to BellaBands were, “where have you been all my life?” You can walk around with your pants unbuttoned and unzipped, and no one is the wiser.
8. Sleeping Bra: This is marketed for nursing, but great for late pregnancy when you’re super sensitive and sore.
9. Shower Hug: Thinks of this as a tube top made of terry cloth that you can wear in the shower. (Yeah, we didn’t “get it” either until we needed it.)
So send us your must-haves (through a super quick survey), and we’ll publish our favorites on Thursday! (And if we pick yours, we’ll send you a weeSpring t-shirt — which is, since it’s great quality stretchy cotton, another must-have for moms.)