Big Qs: What are grandparents’ top 10 baby products?
Many of us new parents lean on our own parents for support and guidance as we figure out what we’re doing. Although they’re seasoned experts, grandparents rely on the right gear to care for their grand-babies.
What top 10 products do the g-parents in your family love? Take this quick survey (or forward it along to them) and let us know!
Check out lists from our moms for inspiration…
1. BABYBJORN Soft Bib: Just love a bib you can rinse off in the sink! It has a great little bottom edge that catches everything.
2. Safety 1st Kirby Inflatable Tub: Such a perfect, safe and comfortable way for baby and grandma to enjoy bath time! Baby is well supported and there’s plenty of room for playing.
3. aden + anais Swaddle Blankets: Great lightweight fabric and size for novice swaddlers! We used them for everything!
4. Skip Hop Central Park Outdoor Blanket: Super quality waterproof blanket for picnics and outdoor activities. It’s well made and easy to fold up and store after use.
5. The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD: The best, best ever advice for new parents and also grandparents!! Must have for very newly expecting family.
6. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?: Classic children’s book … wonderful art, great rhythm and just a perfect gift!
7. Radio Flyer All-Terrain Steel and Wood Wagon: Super durable and great to have at grandma’s for rides around the neighborhood! Expect to use it for many years.
8. California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Bodywash: Wonderful product that makes nice bubbles and is very gentle on sensitive skin.
9. Munchkin Bath Letters and Numbers: Just love these for playing in the tub! Learn letters, colors, counting and just have fun!
10. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy: My grandson LOVED this toy. He gave such belly laughs and danced along with all the songs!
1. Sesame Street Table Toppers: Love these in restaurants or at home. For sanitary purposes you don’t want your grandkids to get exposed to germs, and when you rip it off, it’s clean. Greatest invention.
2. BABYBJORN Travel Crib: Love this travel crib because it’s easy to assemble, disassemble, and put away. I love these for my twin granddaughters. I only wish they came to visit even more!
3. Angel Dear: Because today’s babies don’t use blankets like they used to, these give them something soft to hold onto and cuddle with. They’re easy to wash and to bring back and forth between our houses.
4. Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Sleeper: This is a soft cozy place for new babies. Mobile, portable, and great for new moms. Good price point too for grandmas.
5. Fisher-Price Little People Lil’ Movers School Bus: Helps kids with good eye/hand coordination and they love putting objects inside things and taking them out again. This has lasted awhile.
6. HALO SleepSack Wearable Blanket: Very soft, warm and cozy. It gives babies a sense of security, especially since most babies don’t have blankets when they’re young. It’s also a signal of bedtime, and they learn that quickly.
7. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo: This was a game-changer for my somewhat colicky granddaughter. When nothing else could calm her, she loved the music and bouncing. She’s very sturdy on her feet now. Helps develop first motor skills with their legs.
8. Munchkin Warm Glow Wipe Warmer: Grandmothers like to spoil their grandkids a little, and if warm wipes kept them smiling, I was happy!
9. Inglesina Fast Table Chair: Great chair that’s easy to take on and off all tables, and easy to have in the car. I like having my grandkids at the table with me too.
10. Bugaboo Donkey Double Stroller: You need an engineering degree to open and close. But it’s great for us to push both kids around the neighborhood, especially when we are babysitting.