weeAsked: What are your baby gas relief remedies?
While discomfort from gas is common for babies, it’s certainly not fun for them (or their parents). Luckily, there are lots of simple things you can do to soothe tiny tummies and save your sanity. Here’s a roundup of go-to gas remedies from our weeSpring community:
- Lay baby across your legs and gently rub their back.
- Try tummy time to put gentle pressure on his belly.
- Make dietary changes if you’re a breastfeeding mom to determine if what you’re eating is causing gas in your baby.
- Test out different bottles to see if certain brands help minimize gas. (Dr. Brown’s and AVENT were mentioned by several survey takers.)
- Some parents credit Probiotics for digestive relief for their little ones.
Most recommended products (Read the reviews on weeSpring!):
- Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water
- Little Tummys Gas Relief Drops
- FridaBaby The Windi Gas and Colic Relief
- Colic Calm
And check out a featured list from weeSpring mom, Jessica:
- Move your baby’s legs in a bicycle motion. It really helps to move the gas around.
- If breastfeeding, cut out gassy foods in diet such as broccoli or dairy.
- Gently bounce your baby in your arms.
- Wear your baby in a Moby Wrap and gently bounce them.
- Try infant massage.
- If the crying does not subside when you have tried everything else, there could be an underlying problem like acid reflux. You should call your pediatrician.
*This information is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child’s health.